Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 185 - Can I Get a Cawfie? (21 Days Left)

In anatomy class tonight, we studied the deep hip rotator muscles and the gluteal muscles. We got to learn about piriformis, which can cause sciatic pain, quadratus femoris, and the tensor fasciae latae, which I kinda thought was something I could order at Starbucks.
We discussed about eight - or so - muscles, where they start, where they end, and what they do - all of which we will need to know for quizzes, the final exam, and probably the national exam, too. It's a good thing I found a geeky website called www.getbodysmart.com that has all the anatomy I ever wanted to know - and then some.
I feel badly for the newbies. They have all sorts of anatomical terms being thrown at them, superior, ventral, dorsal, and the like. All the while, they're having to learn the boney landmarks and muscles just like we are. I look at the newbies and think to myself, "Whew! I'm glad I'm almost done and not in their shoes!"
The class that graduated when we started probably thought the same thing about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment