Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 184 - Life Goes On (22 Days Left)

Sun comes up sun goes down
This ol' world keeps spinnin' around
Not much has changed since you been gone
I miss you honey but life goes on
- Little Texas*
During the last 11 months I have been trudging away at learning massage and all the things that go with it, like Professional Development, Anatomy, and Pathology, life has gone on around me, just like the Little Texas' song says.
I have tried my best to deal with things as they have come up, but it's definitely put a strain on everything: relationships, finances, physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Not to mention the dust bunny army that's been able to amass itself behind the bed, under the couch, and in the dark corners.
Today, we took the commuter car back to the shop to see if he can fix the problem it's had since we took it to him last time. Of course, the price of gas has gone up significantly, so there's more choking the wallet to put gas in the cars to make it to and from work and/or school for both WGH and me. I hope we can get the commuter car back really quickly - and that it works well.
I hate sounding like I'm complaining because I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and right now, the tunnel has nine more days of anatomy and five more days of sports massage.
Interestingly enough, I can see why we are studying the anatomy of the lower limb while taking sports massage. What we're learning in anatomy will help us in learning sports, seeing as how the lower limb is pretty important in sports.
In tonight's anatomy class, we had a big surprise: we didn't have the instructor we thought we were going to have. (sarcasm)   I will say, though, that it looks like our stand-in instructor, who will be with us for the duration, will do a fine job in teaching us what we need to know.
A nice result of all the pretzel stretching we did last night in sports: my legs were stronger today and I didn't feel as much like a little ol' lady when I got up from my chair.
*I may be a little biased toward them, since one of my many cousins was the lead singer

No comments:

Post a Comment