Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 183 - Go With the Flow (23 Days Left)

In my time at this school, I have learned the meaning of the term "SNAFU," which is an acronym that basically means that things go wrong all the time.
I had an exit interview scheduled for 6:30 this evening with Career Services, meaning that about as soon as I got home from the J-O-B, I had to be on the road to get to the appointment on time. When I arrived a few minutes early, however, I was asked to reschedule my appointment for next Monday and they would be ready for me then. Knowing that I had a couple other exit interviews to take care of, I went to the front desk to see about getting those scheduled. I pretty much went right away to the financial aid office and took care of that, so at least all wasn't lost. I was also able to see the head of student services and she said everything looks good for me there, too.
After all that, come to find out, instead of having Anatomy class like was on the schedule given to us, we had Sports Massage instead.
That's like preparing to go to work and sit at a desk all day and then be told that you're working on the factory line instead. Needless to say, many classmates were frustrated - and it seemed the staff was frustrated as well.
If nothing else, being at this school has taught us to be flexible and go with the flow.
As far as class, in Sports Massage, we learned about why it's important to know this modality and how it differs from other forms of massage. We watched the instructor demo the stretches we learned tonight on the TA and then we got to try it out ourselves. The stretches looked pretty intense and our TA looked a bit like a pretzel during some of the moves the instructor was using.
Right now, I am pretty much in a sitting position for over 16 hours a day, between the J-O-B, the drive to school, and being in school. I have been trying to get outside and walk during breaks and such, but it's still minimal compared to how active I should be.
For this reason, I thought for sure that I would be screaming in pain most of the time during the stretches on the lower limbs and back, but they felt really good and it seemed that I was able to move a little better afterward.
We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment