Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 59 - Using Your Head

Tonight, we had the final for the Cranial Sacral class. Part of it was written (I think I got a 91 - at least that's the grade I think I spied next to my name on the grade sheet as I tried to be casual while walking by) and the other part was practical or hands-on. For this portion, we were graded not only for knowing the holds, but what the "characteristics" were for that particular bone and what the "indications" were as well. In addition, our focus and posture were graded.
During the practical, the instructor walked around, checked our "hold" and then asked us what the characteristic and the indication was. During one of them (parietal), I made my statement, and in all sincerity, this is how I remembered it: "Aspiration. And if someone loses their aspiration, they can become depressed." Most people would just say, "Aspiration; depression." The instructor got a kick out of it and made the comment that he deducts points for sarcasm - on the back of the grade sheet. Who? Me? Sarcastic?
Nah....
Anyway, I think I did well on both. Tomorrow night: Anatomy exam that includes: Respiratory System, Lymphatic System, Digestive System, Urinary System, and Reproductive System. Sounds a little overwhelming. Better go study - or at least go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment