Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 53 - Keep 'Em Comin'

First of all, I want to thank all of the volunteers who have been guinea pigs as I learn massage. Your sacrifice is what is going to make me be the best bodywork professional I can be. Thank you for your patience as I "learn the ropes" - so to speak.
In the Professional Development class this evening, we learned about marketing ourselves and our services, how to get clients and keep them coming back, what things we can do for customer service, and how to keep notes about our sessions with each client. In discussions like this, we even got down to if our sheets smell clean or not can be a factor in whether or not a client comes back.
I'm not scared of the marketing part, especially when it comes down to talking to people about it. You may have noticed that I enjoy talking about it. I also enjoy doing it.
This past Saturday, I had done several massages, gone to practice some music for a Sunday evening worship service, and finally had gotten home, exhausted. All I wanted to do was lie on the couch and become a vegetable when WGH asked if I would give him a massage. I dragged myself off the couch (after 20 minutes of "getting up the energy") and we went to the massage room where once I started working on his muscles, I became energized enough to do about an hour massage.
Where did the energy come from? About 15 minutes after I was done, I became a vegetable again on the couch.
I can't explain it. I guess I feel like this was something I was supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment