Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 49 - Getting Out of the Comfort Zone

I had a couple practice massages this past weekend, and the more I do it, the more I love it. I look forward to it being my profession. Until then, I'll continue learning and practicing.
In tonight's class, we learned about Sales and Marketing. I enjoy the marketing part, the sales...well, not so much. I firmly believe that in order to sell something successfully, you MUST believe in your product or service. Well, I know that everybody can benefit from massage, so that's the easy part.  :-) We also learned about the "elevator speech" - who you are and what you do in 30 seconds or less. To really get our names and reputations out there, we need to step out of our comfort zones and market ourselves and what we do.
At one point in the evening, somebody apparently "accidently" hit the fire alarm, and all the classes ended up waiting in the parking lot until we were cleared to go back in the building, which was about 20 minutes. An exciting time that was, especially while hearing the distant rumblings of thunder. We finally got back to business, though.
I also learned that as a student, without a license for massage, I cannot accept any type of payment, gratuity, gift, or service. So, seriously, folks, if you ever wanted to get a massage, now is the time to do it! Check out the website to reserve your time with me! http://schedule5.createappointments.com/6317/schedule_1.html
No charge! All I ask is that you remember me when I get licensed.

No comments:

Post a Comment