Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 51 - Unwinding

We had our regular instructor tonight for Cranial Sacral class. What a treat!
Part of the Cranial Sacral modality is feeling for movement in the head and other parts of the body referred to as "listening stations." These are places where movement happens because of the craniosacral rhythm, and the practioner can feel that rhythm when touching those areas - feet/ankles, thighs, and shoulders - all by touching the "client" with no more than 5 grams of weight - about the weight of a nickel. My partner and I both felt the movement in each other this evening and described it like a VERY subtle circular wave.
When I was the one on the table, my mind wandered back to summer camp one year when I was a "junior counselor." I think I was all of a year older than the campers. I remembered the smells of learning how to make lye soap and do other crafts, canoeing up the Potomac River to Harpers Ferry, and playing silly camp games. Just because that was 28 years ago, well, we won't talk about that. Nice little walk down memory lane. I also felt myself unwinding.
Whether the one on the table or the one doing the "work," doing this modality is very relaxing. I think I shall sleep very well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment