Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 46 - Waves of Sleep and Stuff

Our regular instructor for Cranial Sacral was taking some time off, so we had Darla, our current Anatomy instructor, fill in for him. I quite enjoyed it, actually. I was also very glad that they didn't combine us with another class. Because Cranial Sacral is a pretty advanced concept/modality, I found it helpful to get another "look" at the basics of it. I think I had understood it with John Mark, but with Darla's help this evening, I really think I "got it."

When we practice the body work, during certain "holds," I could really feel the rhythm that we discussed! A "hold" in Cranial Sacral is where you hold a particular part of the head or body in a particular way, like both hands on each side of the head for example. The thought is that once we really start feeling the rhythm, we'll be able to manipulate affected parts to promote better flow. That sounds really scary, even to me, but all you need to know is that I felt it. Also, the rhythm did feel a bit like a wave, like had been described in another class session.
When we were finishing up, Darla, who's a bit of a jokester, was telling us that because of the work that was done to us this evening, we would probably sleep really well, but wake up around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and either 1) wet the bed, 2) raid the refridgerator, or 3) wake up our partner for - uh...well...I won't go into that, I'm sure your imagination will work just fine.
That being said, I think I'm gonna head to bed now and see if I can get some good sleep - and see if Darla was just pulling our legs about the other stuff or if she was serious. I'd just be happy with some good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment