Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 152 - Squirrely Situation

Rather than share about tonight's class - it's anatomy, that's all you need to know - I want to share about what happened at the Stately Smith Manor and Zoo today.
This morning I was going through my routine of getting ready, which generally consists of putting on make-up, clothes, drinking cawfie, reading the newspaper on-line, reading an on-line devotional, and just mentally preparing myself for the day. I noticed some tree branch movement outside and then heard some activity on the roof, around the chimney. This went on for a minute or two. Since we have had critters on our roof before that have decided to infiltrate our house via the chimney, I started banging on the fireplace to scare them away.
Just for safe measure, I put a make-shift barricade in front of the fireplace door: a TV tray.
When I got home, I tossed my dinner in the microwave and went about my business until the dinner beep signalled. After settling down to eat my dinner, WGH and I began discussing the day and we ended up on the topic of the noises I heard this morning by the chimney and he mentioned that Gringo the cat had been looking at the fireplace funny.
This is usually NOT a good sign.
I asked for a flashlight and as we peered in the fireplace, we saw a stunned squirrel hiding in the back of the fireplace.
I told WGH that I wanted to finish dinner and think about what our next move should be. Hey, I have priorities.
Dinner. Then squirrel removal.
As I enjoyed my beef stew, I began formulating the plan: ok, I need work gloves. Check, WGH is very helpful in getting those.
Ok...finished dinner.
First, we made sure we had the video camera, because you must document these events.
From here, I will just share the video, because if a picture is worth a thousand words, video is two thousand.
And yes, I have been bitten by a squirrel before this event, but that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment