Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 149 - Waxing Poetic

We got to do something other than Anatomy tonight, which is always more fun. We learned some spa treatment stuff. Like how to use heat and a combination of heat and cold to help relieve pain and/or relax muscles and that sort of stuff.
During the bodywork portion, we got to experience working with paraffin treatments on the hands. Way cool. I put some patouli oil on my hands prior to dipping into the paraffin, so when the paraffin came off, my hands had the patouli smell soaked into them pretty well.
My hands are still pretty soft. Neat-O.
Also of interest, WGH and I have recently gotten new cell phones - Droids, actually. The cool thing is that we can download all sorts of apps and stuff. I have downloaded a couple games, a snowglobe, tickle me Elmo, piano, drum machine, and a police/fire scanner radio. Newest apps I've downloaded: anatomy quiz and Pandora radio. I can basically work on studying my anatomy stuff with my phone and I can use the Pandora radio app and plug the phone into the commuter car's radio and listen to commercial free music.
Since we did not have class on Monday due to the federal holiday of MLK Day, we have class tomorrow night. Anatomy. On a Friday. At least I don't have clinic on Saturday.

1 comment: