Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 151 - Loofah Vandross

There are many words in the English language that just sound funny. Squash. Thesaurus. Catharsis. Loofah.
Tonight, we had the joy of working with dry loofahs to exfoliate our partner for the evening. (Exfoliate - another funny sounding word) Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin. It helps to relieve dryness, improve circulation, and give the skin a more youthful appearance.
Oh sorry, I was starting to sound like a commercial.
My partner this evening like the patchouli oil I used the other night, so when we got to the massage part after the exfoliation, we both used it. Patchouli reminds me of hippies for some reason. But hey - maybe sometimes I like to think of myself as bohemian. Even though I'm totally not. Usually. Most of the time.
Where was going with this anyway?
Oh yeah...should I start working in a spa someday, I may be doing body treatments, such as body exfoliation - and maybe I'll be using a Loofah with patchouli while listening to some Luther Vandross. Or space music. Or a tuning fork.
On the "outside of class" part of life, which isn't much, WGH was cruisin' home from work this afternoon when the commuter car decided that it didn't want to work anymore. After a AAA tow to the shop, I picked him up and was able to get home in enough time to scarf down some chow and run back out the door. Unfortunately, I forgot my uniform shirt for class. Fortunately, I was already wearing a black shirt - not to dress code for class, but at least it was black. Also fortunately, it's winter and it's pretty stinkin' cold out so when I didn't take off my fleece sweater/sweatshirt thingy-ma-jig, it wasn't as obvious that in dress code. And if they had sent me home...oh well.
It would have been more time at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment