Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 141 - Oxymoron: Body Mechanics

Giving massages is very physically demanding. For those who know me, you know that I am not very physical. Matter of fact, in my basic state, I am a slug. An even better description would be a lazy slug. So me being the person to give massages almost seems like a live version of an oxymoron.
I think I have mentioned before in my blog a time or two the importance of good body mechanics to the Massage Therapist. Tonight's class really focused on what that could mean and how bad body mechanics can impact our bodies.
We learned some tips for good posture, good movement, and all-around, good body mechanics. And not just for giving massages. We touched on good body mechanics for every day life, too. Such as driving and where to place our hands on the steering wheel for the least stress on the body while being the safest.
With so much good discussion, we didn't get a whole lot of time for bodywork, but there's always tomorrow - which just happens to be the final exam for this Core class.

No comments:

Post a Comment