Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 145 - Wall of Body

After last night's fiasco with weather and school and all that, I was kinda glad to get to school tonight in one piece.
In Anatomy class, we ended up studying about the muscles of the cervical and thoracic regions of the body wall. Oddly enough, I'm finding myself becoming more of an Anatomy geek and thinking in anatomical terms. Weird.
A classmate asked the question about the cervix at the opening of the uterus and why it has the same name as the bones and area around the neck, above the shoulders. Well, we found out that "cervix" actually means "neck," and that it would be correctly classified as the neck of the uterus.
I found that rather interesting.
Also, I find the inside of my eyelids interesting and I will go explore them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment