Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 170 - I Just LOVE Friday Night Classes (Gag!) (Oh, and 47 Days Left)

Since we didn't have class last Monday due to Presidents Day, they made us come to class tonight. And it couldn't be something a little less intense or more fun like a bodywork class. Nope. It had to be Pathology. And we were combine with another class - again. And we took a quiz (13/15). We handed in homework, and had a little lecture.
We learned about some pathologies of the respiratory system. The most exciting part of class for me: when the instructor was describing how the common cold is a virus and there are many mutated viruses of the common cold. However, our body's immune system recognizes only the ones it has experienced before, so when it sees a familiar virus, it says (quote from the movie "Taken"), "I have a special select set of skills. I will hunt you down. I WILL find you. And I will kill you." Take that, Bad Virus!
Best part of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment