Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 161 - That's a Wrap (63 Days Left)

Last week, when we were finishing up Spa Treatments, we got a chance to see a demo of a body wrap, but didn't get to practice it ourselves, due to the weather conditions. Tonight, during Core class, we got a quick demo and got to practice it ourselves!
I went first on the table and my therapist/classmate did an excellent job on me. The wrap itself was like being in a really warm blanket or like being a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths - very snuggly and warm.
After she unwrapped me, I think my pants were a little more loose, which "they" say is one of the effects of a wrap - instant weight loss. I highly doubt the effects last long, considering it would be mostly water weight that is lost.
When it was her turn on the table, I wrapped her up and then I worked on massaging her face, temples, head, neck, and shoulders. Unfortunately, at the most inopportune time, my throat started tickling. Just a dry tickle in the back. Enough to make me cough. And cough. And cough.
I felt like everybody was looking at me like a leper. Well, I felt like a leper, so it was stressing me out, which made me cough more.
I was able to calm down enough to finish the wrap session and after unwrapping my client/partner, I started the regular massage. And then more coughing ensued.
Ugh! How frustrating.
I know I'm better now from the crazy cold thing I had. No fever and I feel fine, except for some occasional dryness/itchiness in my throat which just happens to manifest sometimes as coughing.
At any rate, I ended the session early and my partner and I were able to help the teacher get some things put away so she wouldn't have to do it all herself.
So the moral of this story is to always make sure you have some hand sanitizer close by - just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment