Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 165 - No More Meetings (56 Days Left)

This afternoon at the J-O-B, TPTB decided that it would be a great idea to have a meeting to update the staff on the last quarter's results. I don't know whose idea it was to stick people in a warm, dark room at 3:00, show indecipherable financial Power Point slides to people who would rather dissect worms, while droning on and on about more indecipherable financial statistics. I mean - really. Who can possibly stay awake during that? Unless your name is Donald Trump. Even then, it might be a stretch. One co-worker woke herself up when she snored a little bit.
Needless to say, I don't really remember anything that was said, and I certainly didn't understand it at the time.
During a break from our Professional Development class tonight, I asked the teacher if as Massage Therapists we would have to sit through those types of meetings. I was quite grateful when he said, "No."
In our class, we discussed professionalism and the Code of Ethics of Massage Therapy, Cultural Diversity, and other stuff that we'll have to at least be prepared for when we are released into the wild world of Massage Therapy.
I may not say this often, but tonight's class was fun. We laughed. Sometimes I think this particular teacher needs to do some stand-up comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment