Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 167 - Snow Path (50 Days Left)

This morning, we woke up to a lovely blanket of snow over our fair county and surrounding areas. It's lovely, anyway, until you have to shovel it and then drive in it. I spent 45 minutes shoveling our driveway this morning and digging out my car, making me 45 minutes late for the J-O-B. Oh well. Not too concerned there.
At the school, however, they didn't have classes during the day, but went ahead and had the evening classes, which meant there was confusion among the students and/or instructors about who was to be there.
As it turned out, due to said confusion, an instructor didn't show up, making our Pathology instructor go teach another class, in turn, making our class get combined (again) with another class in one of the smallest classrooms in the building.
Putting that many people in a small space and actually trying to teach them something is probably about as effective as putting an open can of tuna fish in front of a cat and not expect the cat to eat it.
I think all things considered, we ended up learning at least something and we were released at 9:30 so as to avoid any ice that may have frozen as a result of the water that had melted earlier in the day.
Over the weekend in clinic, I had four clients (yay me) and things went about as smoothly as they could, seeing as how the Director of Student Clinic was released from employment a couple weeks ago, the assistant that has given out clients was out at a funeral, and the Director of the Campus who had been running clinic had just quit last week. They got in a couple of the regular classroom instructors and had them do the best they could with running the clinic and by mid-afternoon on Saturday, I think they got their groove.
My last client looked like a 12 year old boy and when I picked him up in the waiting room, a young woman came with us. I asked if she was his mom, she giggled and said that she was his girlfriend. I didn't know what to think, but went about my duty and did my pre-massage interview and must have been a little flustered by the situation and didn't explain how to get onto the table well enough.
After two attempts, he was finally on the table, wearing his jeans and tank top and the sheet over top of him. I had let him know to "disrobe to his level of comfort," so I assumed that he wasn't comfortable taking off his clothes and worked over top his jeans to massage his legs. By the time I had him turn onto his stomach, he asked if it was ok to take off his tank top so I could work on his back.
All the while, the GF watched what I did.
He seemed to enjoy it from the feedback I got from him afterward.
I'm also guessing that this was his first massage.
I have two Student Clinics left, and it should be very interesting to see what they bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment