Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 169 - The Refleck-fleck-fleck-fleck-fleck-fleck-fleck-flex (48 Days Left)

In those ancient days known as the 80's, in my formative years, my friend LOVED Duran Duran and just knew that she would entice John Taylor, their bass player, into marrying her. I, however, knew that George Michael would want to marry me. Ahhh...the innocence of youth. I still love George's "Faith" album and still count the "Faith" tour concert as one of the best concerts I've seen. Of course, this whole George Michael marriage thing happened AFTER I had gotten over cutie Hardy Boy, Shawn Cassidy, and teen heart-throb, Andy Gibb. I was pretty upset when Andy passed away. I mean...I wasn't there for him and all...maybe I could have done something to help.
But alas now, as a more "mature" woman, I find myself having Duran Duran's song "The Reflex" going through my head sometimes as we practice in Reflexology class.
I have no idea what one has to do with the other, or why I decided to take the walk down my pre-teen and teen idol memory lane, except for the closeness in names of the song "The Reflex" and the modality, "Reflexolgy."
Tonight we took what we learned in anatomy months ago about the digestive system and learned where it could have some issues. I'm guessing that we'll be learning about how reflexology can potentially help the body regulate its digestive system.
We also learned some more techniques for practicing this modality, like thumb-walking (has nothing to do with hitch-hiking), finger walking, and hook and peel...or hook and run...or hook, line, and sinker...or...something like that.
Then we got to practice with our partner.
Can I just say that I really enjoy working on feet? And I like to have mine done, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment