Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 88 - Fire!

In tonight's Acupressure class, we learned about the Fire element and what do with it in doing an Acupressure session with a client.
I may have mentioned in a previous Acupressure post that one of the things we're learning is how the five elements (fire, earth, metal, water, and wood) work together in Traditional Chinese Medicine, even with personality types...or in this case, they're referred to as "Archetypes."
According to acupuncturetoday.com, "Archetypal expressions of fire include compassion, communication, pleasure-driven, seeking novelty and excitement. This individual thrives on the ecstatic nature of new love and will do just about anything to avoid routine or boredom."
According to the "quiz" in the book, I'm pretty high in fire, so I'm not sure how to take this.
I actually tried to get something out of tonight's class. I guess that's a good thing. I think I was pretty bummed out last week by my low grade on the quiz I took. I am still not totally sure about all of this stuff, but I gotta learn it anyway, so just relax and have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment