Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 85 - Purpose, Vision, and Goals

Have you ever wondered what your purpose is? What your vision is? What your goals are? This evening's Professional Development class talked a lot about those three things. What we really want to do and why, and how are we going to get there. Our big assignment for this class is to create our vision, write it, and tell the class about it in a five minute presentation.
Several of my classmates have expressed their wish to NOT present it to the class - because that would be getting up in front of people and talking. I have to say, that's one fear I don't have...public speaking. I had no problems before, but then I took a Dale Carnegie course on human relations and public speaking, so that is soooo far behind me. Now all I can do is encourage those around me when they have their turn to "step up to the microphone."
My problem now is that I have so many ideas about what I want to do with Massage Therapy that I am having trouble deciding exactly which vision I want to present to the class and write about. There's the vision of freedom and the open road and there's the grand vision of planting a multi-faceted business that incorporates massage into it as one aspect of it.
So the question is - low-key or grand?
I'm such a low-key kinda person, but the grand idea - well...just getting it down on paper could be very fun to imagine it.
The other part of the class, we took out a piece of paper and wrote down three lists: things that are important to me, what I like about myself, and what I would change about myself. Then, some of us shared them with the class. From important things to us like cupcakes and cawfie (my spelling, thank you) to God, family, and stability it was Very interesting to get to know classmates even better - and OFF the massage table!
So what about you? Have you written your lists of those three things?

No comments:

Post a Comment