Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 87 - Eastern Mumbo Jumbo to Western Girl

Ok, so to say that this whole Acupressure thing seems a little hokey to me may be an understatement. That being said, it's still part of the curriculum of the school and I need to learn it, whether I believe or like it myself.
Mostly what I don't understand why I have to know some of this stuff is the whole Traditional Chinese Medicine stuff and the study of Tao and Yin & Yang. Maybe I'll "get it" more as I go on through this class, but for right now, it just seems so foreign to me. Well...ok it IS foreign to me.
We had a quiz this evening. Six of the 25 points were random words (warm, night, summer, external) and we were to say whether they were "Yin" or "Yang." It reminds me a lot of French class in high school when we had to learn nouns as masculine or feminine. Basic memorization.
I can grasp that the body has certain points on it that could control pain, tension, or whatever, but the rest of the stuff (Yin & Yang), I really don't have much interest in learning.
Oh. And that quiz with 25 point? I got a 15, with only getting two of those six Yin & Yang points correct. At least I know what other Mumbo Jumbo I'll need to learn for the final exam.
Speaking of Mumbo Jumbo, check this out. Hysterical!
How to Massage Your Oppossum

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I'm a little behind on my blog reading these days, but that Opossum massage thing is too funny! Good luck with the Yin and Yang!

    ReplyDelete