Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 81 - Professional Vision and Expectations

We had our first class of Professional Development for this session. During this session, we'll be developing our "vision" of what we want for our career in Massage Therapy. During the class, we went over what our expectations could be while working in a spa, medical, or private practice, in regards to hours and compensation.
To think that I will get rich doing massages - well, that's a real long shot. I may as well go bet on Sea Biscuit in the second race. However, I didn't really get into this for the money anyway. It's really about having a career in helping people and the personal satisfaction that goes along with it. The money is necessary because I do actually have to pay bills. Go figure.
Today, I was off from my J-O-B to attend the funeral for the mom of one of my long-time friends. The funeral and associated activities reminded me that regardless of how much money somebody has, it doesn't make them happy, nor does it guarantee them long life on earth. What does make us happy is the relationships around us, with God and others, and also in knowing that we can make a difference in somebody else's life.
All that to say that I hope that my new career choice can truly help somebody.
Wow. I got philosophical there for a moment. Don't expect it too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment