Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 43 - Are You Respiring?

This evening's class went well, despite being combined AGAIN with another class. Their instructor took vacation and apparently, somebody dropped the ball on communication and about 60 of us were crammed into a classroom built for about 35. This does not make for a pleasant learning experience, but despite this, we managed. In some ways, I think it made our class more attentive.
It was our first class of Anatomy VI (that's a Roman numeral 6 for those of you who don't read Roman), and according to the syllabus, we were to be learning about the lympatic/immune system. However, due to the circumstances and class size, we learned something far easier: the Respiratory System. From the nasal cavity to the alveioli of the lungs, we learned it and will have a quiz on it next week. I can see that during my holiday weekend I will have my nose in some books for at least part of it.
When we take anatomy classes, we get to color with colored pencils so we can learn parts and functions better. Sometimes I feel like a kindergartner again. I'm still not very good at coloring in the lines. Especially when the instructor is also writing important notes on the board that I need to copy down as soon as I'm done coloring.
Don't you wish you could take some fun classes like this?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I don't get to "color"! But then again... I'm not having to learn anatomy! GRIN! Hope the crammed classes don't become a habit. I feel claustrophobic in packed classes. I've never enjoyed being a sardine.

    ReplyDelete