Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 36 - Just Another Day in Paradise

On my way to and from school, I listen to the radio or chat on the phone, hands-free, of course. A couple days ago, I don't remember which day as they all run together many times, I was listening to the radio and the song "Another Day in Paradise" came on the radio with some sort of sound bite from Phil Collins about how he wrote it. To make a long story short, tonight's class was just another day. It seemed routine - nothing really out of the ordinary. We were in trigger point class again, learning about how to treat low-back pain. We finished up by doing the hands-on bodywork.
My partner seemed to have hit some really tough spots on my lower back. Over an hour later, and it's still warm and tingly from the work he did on it.
As for something interesting that happened - today at the J-O-B, while the big-wigs were working on a last minute proposal, one of the directors called me in and asked (do they ever really "ask" or just demand?) me to work on the VP's neck that had a crick in it. Of course, with this being a bioscience company and the VP I'm sure had more biology than I will ever dream of, she described that she had a pinched nerve by her C2 vertebrae. I worked on it for her and within about 2 mintues, lo-and-behold, I found a trigger point! She felt what she described as a "wave" going down her arm. After working on it for a bit, she felt better and I went about with my normal duties.
I guess word is getting around at the J-O-B about my moonlighting classes, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment