Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 34 - The Glutes Have It - No If's, And's, or Butts!

In today's class in Trigger Points, we studied the Glutemus muscles. We learned which muscles were where and how to work them. During the bodywork portion, we worked on the Glute muscles, looking for trigger points in our partners. Even prior to this class, I had noticed that whenever a massage therapist worked on my glutes, it felt GOOD! Like I had some sort of tenseness in those muscles that you don't even really think about at all. Tonight was no exception. After the session was over, my butt felt great! Think about it - you think about your neck and shoulders feeling tight, but do you ever really think of the muscles that you actually sit on all the time!?!?!
I am pretty sure that both my partner and I found tender spots on each other, but not necessarily trigger points. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment