Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 41 - It's Not Personal, It's Business

Part of the Massage Therapy program includes "Professional Development" classes so that once we are certified and licensed, we have the knowledge and tools under our belts to start and operate our own Massage Therapy businesses if we so choose to do that.
After tonight's class, I'm a little overwhelmed with all the things that need to be planned out prior to opening a business. I guess that's why it can take weeks and even months to write an effective business plan. I can get the main points of operating a business, but I'm very glad that we have this opportunity to learn in this environment from somebody who's done it. Our instructor even talked about where the business is located - in a strip mall next to a strip club or in a destination place with an exclusive feel. She got very detailed. I guess that's why I got overwhelmed.
I don't know what my EXACT plan is for after I get licensed, but at least I'll have a foundation for the option of opening my own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment