Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 42 - Mas Mater

Tonight was the first night of learning the Cranial Sacral modality which helps with headaches, neck and back pain, and other stuff I don't seem to remember that was on the list. I found it quite fascinating to know that the head expands and contracts in a rhythm and actually makes the whole body move due to its rhythm.
Through the lecture, we got to hear more about the central nervous system and the dura mater, arachnoid mater, and pia mater. I'm very glad that we had anatomy and learned about the nervous system before having this class.
We partnered up and all we did was just see if we could feel the cranial expansion rhythm. My partner felt mine, and I believe I felt his.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... wonder if someone has "strange" cranial expansion rhythm if they've had multiple head injuries? (I was in a pedestrian-vehicle accident in 1972 which I barely survived). I certainly experience plenty of head-neck pain, completely unrelated to headaches that are sinus... migraine... etc.

    You have very interesting classes. OK. Why "arachnoid mater"? 'splain?

    ReplyDelete