Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 40 - Finally, Finally

Tonight we had our Trigger Point final exams, part written, part hands-on. I have been struggling with the material throughout this class, and it showed in my written exam grade: 82. At first I was told it was 79, but then later I was told 82. I have a suspicion that it was graded on a curve...a really big one. Regardless of what my grade was on the exam, I get the "point" of the Trigger Point modality. Especially after the hands-on portion of the exam.
During the class bodywork, I had thought, "Oh this is a trigger point" or "that is a trigger point." At least until tonight. My partner went first on the table so I was the practitioner. The TA graded me and I ended up getting a 98 for the practical, which incidently raises my grade for the class to a 90% - whew. Then it was my turn on the table. My partner worked on my quads, which I think I mentioned the other night that they seemed a little jacked up. She got her exam portion done and then it was time to just work on my legs, as in giving a massage. When she worked on the outside portion of my quad and hit one spot, I nearly stood up on the table! She found a TRUE trigger point. It referred pain to the inside of my knee and there was definitely a "jump sign" - as in - when I nearly jumped off the table. These are indications of a trigger point.
Now that all is said and done with Trigger Points in my certification program, I'm happy to be done with it for now, but I want to take another class to learn more. The more I know about Trigger Point therapy, the better bodyworker I will be for my clients.
And I got a 90% for the class! My GPA is still an untarnished 4.0!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! So proud of you! You are doing amazing... it's so hard for working adults to be in school, but you are really digging in and excelling! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete