Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 28 - Trigger in Action

This evening, we looked at Trigger Points again, learning more of what to do about trigger points and how working them out can benefit a client. We got to get with partners and put into practice what we've learned in theory. One interesting thing about trigger point therapy is that it's done mostly without lotion.
Speaking of lotion and oils, have I mentioned that we use mostly lotion? I had always thought that oils were the preferred lubricant when doing massages, but they (the school staff) encourage lotions instead. Very interesting.
Back to trigger points. Despite not having had the classes in anatomy that teach about the skeletal system or the muscular system, we need to know quite a bit of those systems just to be able to know what the teachers are talking about. For instance, tonight, we were told to palpate the Iliad Crest. As I was wondering what it was during the bodywork portion, I did a couple things: watch classmates and then go up to the big poster in the room with the skeletal system laid out with numbers and descriptions. I guess I'll have some studying to do this weekend. Between the nervous system quiz for the anatomy class and learning muscular and skeletal parts, I'll be quite busy, I'm sure.
As for going to class on a Friday night, it wasn't too bad actually. The really great thing was knowing that I don't actually have to get up anytime early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment