Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Once You Know

In one of the first classes I took with Molly, just a mere four weeks ago, she said that once we know, we will always know. I understood what she meant, but I didn't GET IT until today.
After going to the Career Fair at BSOM, and meeting and greeting potential future employers, WGH and I went to the Inner Harbor and had a nice lunch to celebrate a wonderful five years together. The last couple of years haven't been so great with other parts of life - jobs, deaths in the family and the sort, but life with the hubby is more than I could have imagined and I love being married to him. I couldn't imagine having gone through the last couple years WITHOUT him.
Anyway, I digress. It happens. Quite a bit.
Back to my point.
It happened. While I was sitting at J. Paul's outside seating area at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. While we were enjoying lunch, I was sipping a tasty beverage when a waiter walked by into the dining room.
What did I notice?
His feet.
Why did I notice his feet?
They were medially rotated and everted, that's why.
Because Molly said so.
She said that I once I know, I will ALWAYS know.
When we were going over the material in the Movement section a few weeks ago, she said that - we will always know. Meaning that once we learn the material - medial rotations, eversions, inversions, and the like, we will notice it on all sorts of people.
Now, being that I'm a people watcher anyway, this just made my people-watching worse. WGH and I love to go to Lakeforest Mall on Christmas Eve just to watch the people. This Christmas, however, will I be observing their feet, ankles, and rotator cuffs? What's going on?
I guess I'm learning something. :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is cool! I know exactly what you mean too! Having learned so much about hearing loss over the last 2 decades, I notice things about how people communicate that others do not notice. For example, there are a couple of folks in our church who have hearing loss, although I'm not sure they've ever acknowledged it themselves. You have to watch for how the place themselves in conversations, how they hold their shoulders, how carefully do they watch faces, do they tilt their head? Sounds like your "book larnin'is fast becomin' skilled observation". :-)

    ReplyDelete