Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 9 - Structurally Speaking

Day 9 was actually Day 1 of learning about Structural Bodywork - how to move the muscles closer to the Structural Objective. It's slow work and can be painful, but the benefits outweigh all that. We learned some words that I have not committed to memory yet, so I will make flashcards tonight before class and re-read the section of the book that we covered.
I found myself just being like a sponge, soaking it all in, wanting to learn more right then, but we had to switch gears from the lecture part of the class.
We actually got to do some bodywork! We worked on what we had been learning: Structural bodywork - the slow and sometimes painful stuff. My partner for the evening admitted to having a lower pain threshhold, so I held back from what I know I could do to move those muscles. I even felt her muscles pushing back at me when it was too much for her! I even had to have a little towel to wipe the sweat from my brow.
Then, it was my turn on the table. Apparently, I have a higher tolerance for pain, as I didn't get much past a six on the pain scale of one to ten. But, oh - it did feel good - in that painful yet relaxing way. By the time I got home, I was ready for some major sleep!
The A/C in the house has been not working, and we have just had a heat spell. Without A/C, I didn't sleep well the night before, but some wonderful friends from church let us borrow some fans to keep the house cool. Between the fans and the bodywork I received, I was out like a light.

No comments:

Post a Comment