Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 24 - Workin' Up a Sweat!

For tonight's class, we had Anthony as our teacher again, for which I was very glad. I look forward to having him as a teacher some more. For our first item to learn, he was going to show us a "cavity massage" and started to pass around latex gloves. After a few quips about which cavities we would be massaging, we realized that he was pulling our legs. What a jokester.
We reviewed the various strokes we would be using in our final exam and then took a break, and upon return from the break, we had our hands-on exam. I went first as the practitioner. I can see where an hour massage can go by quickly, for both the client and the bodyworker. I started sweating almost immediately. At one point, sweat was rolling down my face, and I just hoped it wasn't going to drip on my client/classmate. After a little bit, Anthony called out a few strokes to test our knowledge of them. We got them down very well, knowing what they were and where to use them.
By the time my portion of the exam was over, I could probably have wrung out my shirt with sweat. And then it was my turn on the table. Ahh....
After all classmates were done, we got cleaned up and we got our scores and got debriefed on what Anthony saw during the exam. I ended up getting a 99%! The one point that was deducted was for body mechanics, which I knew was going to be one of the issues.
For this coming long Memorial Day weekend, I have a feeling that my table is going to get some use.

1 comment:

  1. 99% Wow girl, you are doing terrific! I'm so proud of you! I hurt my back this last week having to carry Chloe up and down stairs. (I can't bend at the knee b/c of my balance). I was "thinking of you" grin! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete