Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 20 - Thinging a Thong

Tonight was the written and practical final exam for the section in which we learned "Structure." We had the written portion first. I was done in about 20 minutes after receiving the test. It may have been less, but am not really sure. At any rate, after that, we all took a break until it was time for the practical portion, which included bodywork. A few days ago, I had worked with a partner, Rebecca, and we agreed that we would be each other's partner for the practical.
Before we started the practical exam, we were able to get our scores from the written portion. I got 100%!!!!! Yay!!!

As we prepared the table and all, my partner was to do the test first, with me being the "client." One of our classmates, Eric, hadn't teamed up with a partner, so he triple partnered with us, meaning that the two of them would be using me as the client and I would be getting the pleasure of a "four-handed massage." Unfortunately, because it was for the final, it wasn't a full massage, or one side was worked on while the other side was left untouched...making me a little uneven, but it was happening to all the classmates. So when you see a couple students from my class walking a little goofy, they're uneven.  ;-)
They did a great job and they got their scores and then it was time to switch. Since Rebecca had finished her exam, she offered to let Eric be the client so I could take the test. He agreed that this would be a good idea. Don't let me twist your arm.
Because I hadn't worked with Eric before, I hadn't gotten a chance to get to know him, so I was glad we had this opportunity. As we were getting the table switched over for him to lie on, he said to me, "Oh, I don't have shorts and all I've got on is a thong. Is that ok?"
He said it with the straightest face.
I must have had a funny look on my face because what's going through my head? "Did he just say he's wearing a thong? Do I want to see him in a thong? I wonder if it's a black thong or something crazy like leopard print? Is he serious? Would he really do that?" And on and on, in my head.
I think I said something to the effect of "Really? That should be interesting."
Or it may have been, "Are you serious?"
I don't know, but he finally cracked a smile and took off his pants to reveal that he had shorts on, and I was grateful to not have to worry about a client in a thong. That would really give a whole new meaning to "Final Exam."
I ended up getting a 100% for the practical as well and enjoyed working with Eric, whom I found out has a pretty quick sense of humor.
Molly had warned the class that since tonight was our last night with her, at least for now, we were to give her a hug or we'd fail the class. I made sure to give her a big bear hug. I've enjoyed her teaching. She made it fun and understandable when some of the concepts may be a little more difficult.
Next section: Core!

No comments:

Post a Comment