Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 11 - Ugh!

We had Session 3 of First Aid, where we covered how to help in situations of bleeding, puncture wounds, burns, broken bones, back injuries, seizures, and shock. We talked about impalement. Some of the discussion just gave me the willies, I must say. I think it also gave me a headache, for which we did not go over treatment, much to my chagrin.
I'm not sure, but I think because it was Cinco de Mayo, some of the folks in class were particularly rowdy and talkative. Molly handled it as well as she could.
One of the difficult things I'm finding about keeping up with this schedule is that I am currently working in Gaithersburg. To get to the school, there's not a really good, no-traffic straight route, not to mention the morning commute to get to the office. Most days it takes me an hour and 20 minutes to get to the school, after working 8 hours. I found out yesterday that there's a small possibility that I may be able to transfer to the Frederick office, which would totally help my situation. It's a straight shot to the school and only 15 minutes from my house. The one problem: it's a temporary position, meaning that after the "temp" position is done, I may be out of a job. However, I feel I am going to need to take this gamble.

No comments:

Post a Comment