Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 106 - Just Call Me Martika

I'm just gonna say it: I love Russian Sports Massage! This stuff makes sense, helps you understand proper body mechanics, and dang it, it feels good, too!

In class this evening, we got beginning information about a few of the strokes used and where to use them. Then we got to practice them on each other. I know I definitely need practice on everything, but from what we did tonight, it just seems so - uh - gonna go Spock here - logical.
At one point while working on my partner, with my best Checkov impression, I said to my partner, "My name is Martika and I will be working on you tonight."
Man! Two Star Trek references! Sweet!
Oh, sorry, back to reality.
Since my blog forum is about the whole massage school experience, I just have to share this...when I left for school this evening, WGH wasn't home. Therefore, we didn't get to really talk to each other today and give each other our affirmations and all that mushy stuff. We try to find ways to communicate with each other the information needed. Today's communication, besides texting, was leaving MS Word documents open with messages like, "Thanks for taking care of me" or "Love you bunches" or you know, mushy stuff. I really couldn't do this without him or his support, physical, emotional, and all that jazz. I surely don't want to take him for granted.
Of course not, and don't call me Shirley.

No comments:

Post a Comment