Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 103 Core Being

On Day 103, we took our final exam for this week's Core class. It was pretty much simple and straight-forward: come in, get the table set up, get on the table, get massaged for 50 minutes, get off the table, clean the table up, reset the table, have my partner get on the table, do a massage for 50 minutes and the instructor comes around and asks to see a couple strokes. Pretty simple.
Enough to earn me 99 points out of 100 for the exam! Yay!
I do have to say that my partner was not having a very good day, but I am so impressed with her that she was able to lay all of that aside and give me a great massage! She was truly "in the moment" which is what "beingness" is all about.
After the exam was over, we were free to go, and it was a bit earlier than usual, so that was quite exciting. A classmate and I ended up crashing at another classmate's house and we enjoyed the rest of the evening hanging out.
This morning, we got up and went to our Student Clinic orientation so we know what's expected of us for this portion of our education. It's going to be a gruelling six months. So the question is, should I count clinic in my "day count"? If so, we're talking Day 104.
In other news, since WGH and I end up driving about 200 miles between work and school each day, we purchased a "commuter car" that will be less of a hit to our pockets for gas. He took off yesterday to get it legal to drive with registering and such, so I got the chance to drive it to school last night and then home again this afternoon. It's a 1995 Geo Prizm, a smaller car than what I'm used to, and it actually does pretty well. What was really fun was filling the gas tank and it only took $25.00. I've driven 100 miles on it since filling it up and it was on about 3/4 tank. So, I think this is going to be a great thing for us in saving a little bit of dough, between gas and maintenance costs on the two other (bigger) cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment