Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 104 - A Good Day


Last post, I discussed the new "Commuter Car" that WGH and I are sharing. This evening, it proved one of its points as to why we purchased it, which was to save money on gas, wear and tear on our other cars, and just to have an extra car - just in case something stoopid happens. On Friday, when I took possession of the car, I filled it up with gas for $25.00. I drove it Friday evening to class and back Saturday, and then WGH took it to work today and then I took it to school for a total of 246 miles since I filled up. I like to fill up at the gas station by school, and since I was going there, I went ahead and filled up, even though it didn't absolutely need it as it was on a half tank.
I ended up putting $19.00 in for 6.8 gallons, for an average of - wait for it - 36 miles per gallon!
Yay! That's what it's all about!
For those who use modern vernacular, that's the shizzle!
After my excitement about getting gas, upon arriving at the school, I entered the classroom and I think I saw the heavens open up! The instructor from our first class was standing at the front of the room, getting ready to teach us Russian Sports Massage! It's safe to say that the whole class was excited to have Molly back. One classmate even baked cookies for the occasion, which we did NOT eat in the classroom since we're not allowed to have any food or drink in the classroom besides water.
Of course we wouldn't eat cookies in the classroom.
You betcha.
We wouldn't DREAM of doing such things.
Anyway, after having a cookie or two, our world was opened up to Russian Sports Massage. This modality actually makes sense to me. I can see it and touch it, unlike CranioSacral or Acupressure. I GET it, and it's only the first class.
In a nutshell, it teaches a certain protocol to use, specifying exactly which muscle group to work and what type of stroke to use, at what pace, and for how long. It's pretty much like the recipe for how to give a massage for repairing muscles that have been worked due to strenuous activity. If you can read a cookbook, you can understand the modality.
I think I'll like it, even if I don't play sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment