Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 100 - Back to Basics

Every couple of sessions, like this new one, we take a four day "Core" class, which is basic Swedish massage, including the proper draping, strokes, and other, well, basic stuff.
Our class had not seen each other since Thursday night's final exam, and today was Tuesday, by the time we got to class tonight, it was like a family reunion, with everybody just chattering away.
Because it was the first night, we ended up only doing about 30 minutes of actual body work with our partners, and then switching.
Over the weekend, one of my girlfriends and I went to New York City on a "Girls Whirlwind Birthday Tour" where we left early Sunday morning, had brunch, went to a show, a jazz club, dinner, stayed in a fancy schmancy hotel, got up and did some more touring, and then took a bus arriving back in the DC area around 8:00 pm Monday night, which was last night. If you think that was a long sentence, then you get the picture of what a whirlwind tour we had! We walked. A lot! I mean, we walked from the bus to the subway. We walked to the activities. We walked all over the street festival around Times Square. Get the picture? We walked.
Remember that because I've been in school and working at a full-time J-O-B, I haven't really had time to concentrate on exercise, unfortunately. So all this walking...whew! If I sat down too long, my legs would get stiff, so I really have had to work the juice back into my joints and muscles.
With all that walking and stiffness in my legs, tonight's teaser 20-30 minute massage was just that: a tease. I look forward to tomorrow night's class and hopefully having more time for being on the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment