Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 105 - Anatomizer

Our class has had at least two anatomy classes, classified as V and VI. Well, this evening, we started Anatomy I. I think that Anatomy I would have been a lot more helpful SIX MONTHS AGO!
That could, of course, be a personal opinion.
At any rate, I put gas in CC this evening, with a total of 178 miles and put in 5.4 gallons, for approximately 34 MPG. It's not AS exciting as last night's report, but still pretty cool anyway. WGH's commute can be very much stop-and-go-in-rush-hour-traffic-on-the-270-parking-lot whereas mine is straight down the highway at 70 MPH. Or so.
We began our first class of Anatomy I with Jenna Kate as our instructor. She is a self-professed anatomy geek and gets very excited about anatomy. And she makes it more interesting than just learning facts. She can relate it to us by playing Simon Says or demonstrating "dorsal" vs "ventral" with a chocolate bar.
I'm thinking that some of this stuff is going to be a refresher, since we've gone through so much already, but I did learn some stuff tonight. A good portion of it is just about WHERE to find anatomical parts and how to describe a location. For instance, I have a three inch scar medial to my right patella. I could go so far as to say it's on my inferior limb, but right patella is pretty specific. Most NORMAL people would just say that they have a scar next to their right knee.
I do think it's kinda cool though - just being able to toss out anatomical terms like I was ordering lunch at Panera.
Hmmm...Panera.

No comments:

Post a Comment