Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 74 - Professionalism

I've never worked in the food industry. I worked for about a year as a Customer Service Representative in an upscale clothing store when I was first going to college. That's about the extent I have of working with the general public. I did, however, serve in a capacity where I answered phone calls coming from people inquiring about their pensions - dealing with their MONEY! So, I had to have a certain amount of professionalism and courtesy in dealing with those calls. I was yelled at, cursed at, hung up on, and other not so pleasant experiences. I think there was only one time where somebody yelled at me so badly on the phone that I started crying. For the most part, though, I was able to help people get the information they needed, or get them their money they needed. One gentleman sent me a HUGE gorgeous flower arrangement - because of how I helped him! Those are the ones I like to remember - where I helped somebody.
In our Massage Variations class, we're focusing not just on the strokes, but also on the profession of being a Massage Therapist. We're focusing on all the professionalism that's expected from us by clients, the kind of relationship we have with clients, how we communicate with clients, and most importantly, how we serve the clients, because when it comes down to it, it's all about the clients.
I hope that as I gain more knowledge and experience in this field, I will be better learn about serving people.

No comments:

Post a Comment