Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 61 - Practice, Practice, Practice

When I was a kid and taking piano lessons, my mom made me practice. In the most nasally tone she could use, her words were, "Practice, practice, practice!"
Being in school, especially this week, makes me do the same thing. You really just have to practice as much as you can to get to be the best you can be.
I wish I had really understood that as a kid in piano lessons...that and stepping away from the music on the sheet and playing a lot more by ear and feel.
We reviewed foundations of massage - compassion, honesty, and integrity. And more importantly, we got to practice more bodywork - and for a little bit longer - 45 minute sessions! We even got to try out using hot stones. You know what? I need some practice with those!

No comments:

Post a Comment