Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 64 - Getting Tested

We had our "final" night of Core this evening, including a hands-on final exam. We've been through this before, but apparently, the grading gets tougher in Core classes the more we take.
To simulate a "real world" situation, we put our name tags in a basket and somebody withdrew two names of who would be partners for the exam. It's supposed to be totally random and hopefully, somebody we've never worked with prior to tonight.
My thought was that it would be best to work with somebody I'm comfortable with, so I had lined up my partner on Monday night. Well, that was shot down, so I worked with a lovely woman with whom I had never worked (randomness worked) and it went very well. So, ok. I'll admit it. It's a good idea to switch up partners as much as possible to get used to working with all kinds of different bodies.
During the exam, I used one of the techniques that the instructor showed me last night, and when doing so, with all the lotion on my hands, my hands in contact with my partner's skin made a fart noise - like a 4th grader making fart noises with his hand under his arm. The first time it happened, I just went about doing what I was doing, but the second time, my partner giggled, and then a neighbor working at the next table over giggled, and then I pretty much lost it, giggling, and had to work really hard to get back to "beingness" to continue working on my partner.
I guess it wasn't too bad, but I think I lost three points on my final for it, getting a score of 97%.

No comments:

Post a Comment