Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 70 - Abby-normal?

In session six of our Massage Variations class, we learned about the anterior upper torso - basically, the arms, hands chest, and abdomen. Because of certain "delicate" areas, there are special ways of draping the client, particularly female clients. So we got to learn and practice all of that. Obviously, the chest doesn't get massaged all over, and the abdomen has a certain protocol to promote good digestive function. Yes, it's a good thing to hear a client's stomach growling/gurgling. That means that what we're doing is effective.
Whenever there are an uneven number of students in class, the one student who doesn't have a partner will join another "team" and two students will work on one student so all can practice. Unfortunately, that means that one doesn't get treatment that particular night. In tonight's class, a classmate joined my partner and I and I was the "unfortunate" student that had two people practicing on me at one time, which can be called a 4-handed massage. At one point, both of my hands were being massaged, and I gotta say, it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment