Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 68 - Gluteus to the Max!

The first time I got a massage, I totally did not know what to expect, and the therapist started massaging my gluteal muscles, but at the time, all I could think was, "She's massaging my butt," and the discomfort that came from worrying about what my butt looks like - too big, too white...well, you get the picture. Actually, I hope you don't get the picture, 'cause then you'd be picturing my bare butt.
At any rate - back to our regularly scheduled programming - after my initial discomfort, the butt massage (gluteal massage) felt really stinkin' good because all those muscles that work constantly want a little attention.
In our variations class this evening, we learned more about treating the glutes, hamstrings, piriformis, soleus, and other muscles that comprise the posterior leg and backside. We learned how to effectively "drape" the person on the table to make them feel as secure as possible with their cheek exposed and another technique for helping relieve some sciatic pain. Then, of course, we had to practice on each other.
The past week or so, I'd been feeling some soreness (pain, actually) on my left posterior thigh, which I told my partner about. She worked at it for a few minutes and after the session ended, I did not feel that soreness as acutely as I previously did.
Yeah, I guess you could say that I enjoyed class tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment