Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 198 - It Is Finished

I would love to post the video from this evening's bell ringing, but I want to edit it down for highlights. But I am getting ahead of myself here.
After studying during my breaks from the J-O-B today and having WGH help me study on the way to school, I felt pretty confident going into my final final exam.
I have to admit, though, because of all the activity after the exam, I didn't really get to check what my grade was on the exam. But I am confident that I did well.
I added up all of my other points from class and figured that even if I got 16 points off my final, I would still get an "A" in the class. Since I was so confident in my answers on the exam, there was no way I was getting 16 points off.
With all that being said, that means that I have finished my massage school program with a 4.0 GPA.
Whoa!
After all of the exams were graded, we finally got to ring the bell! Prior to actually ringing the bell, we got a chance to say a few words. Some talked of how much they have grown to love each of our classmates, how much fun we have had, and how close we have gotten. Others shared a few "inside jokes" or phrases that only our class would understand and we all enjoyed that.
I took a Dale Carnegie course a few years ago in Human Relations and Public Speaking, so I would have felt remiss if I had just said something short, so I had a State of the Stacy speech. LOL!
In the end, we all rang the bell and there were tears and hugs.
As for me, I'm just glad it's done.
You may be asking yourself, "what about your blog?"
Well, that's a good question. This blog may evolve into something different and/or educational in the future, but for now, I still have some technicalities (like national exams, applications, and state exams) to go before I'm licensed to practice massage. I plan on sharing these adventures through my blog.
Tomorrow night is the graduation ceremony in which the graduates from October until now will walk across the stage and share the accomplishment. WGH and I will be in attendance and I get to walk across the stage. After the ceremony and all the formalities, we are going to drive down to the Eastern Shore for the weekend and enjoy Pork in the Park on Saturday and I'll get a chance to visit with some friends and family on the shore.
Stay tuned for further adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment