Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 194 - Much Ado About Nothing (6 Days Left)

Because of the school's change in curriculum about six months ago, aside from a quiz (9/10), tonight's class was a waste of time for me and makes me wonder why I trudged out of the house to drive 41 miles only to have to drive back.
TPTB decided to change up the curriculum half-way through our program, add newbies to our class and then not give us all the information we need AND repeat information we've already had. We noticed this the first night we got our syllabus for this class. Several students have been working to get everything straightened out with administration and get us the information we need - the stuff that wasn't on the syllabus and hadn't been covered any other time during our program.
Tonight we were supposed to have the quiz, then my original class was to separate out and go get a lecture and information on the other stuff. However, the instructor scheduled to teach us ended up getting sick and after we took the quiz, we sat in the student break room for a good hour and a half and talked or whatever. After that, we rejoined the class and "listened" to the lecture on the cardiovascular system - which we had at least six months ago. I ended up organizing some of my papers in my notebook and touching up the color on my name badge.
As I've said, other than the quiz (which I could have made up on Monday or Tuesday) and chatting with my classmates and teachers, tonight's class was a total waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment