Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 191 - Energizing (9 Days Left - Yes, I Can Count The Days Left on Two Hands!)

After a weekend, it's pretty difficult to get back into the swing of thing and back to the regular grind on Monday. Today was no exception. After a nice weekend of visiting with friends, going to church, and doing my weekend thing, today was pretty tough. I know my head nodded a couple times at the J-O-B.
On the way to school on I-70 close to I-695, three dudes on the racing motorcycles, commonly known as crotch rockets, flew by me going about 100 MPH and then weaving in and out of traffic to get ahead. Once I got onto the beltway (aka the 695hundred), a mile or so down the road, traffic seemed to stop and there was obviously an accident that had just happened and they were in the process of calling emergency personnel and such. One of the dudes on one of the racing bikes was off his bike and walking over toward the scene of the accident. I saw his buddies about a half mile down the road.
From the looks of it, I think the bikes were somehow part of the cause of the accident, even if they weren't directly involved.
Why do people feel the need to act like idiots and put themselves and others in danger like that in high volume traffic? Ugh!
After I got to school and we began the lecture, along with the class with which we had been combined (I'll save my sarcastic comments), I forgot about that incident and then focused on the task at hand: sports massage. We learned more techniques for stretching and strokes that are more specific to sports.
Pre-event sports massage is meant to be invigorating and stimulating to the recipient to prepare them for their sporting event. However, if you're taking a massage program in night school, it's somewhat annoying to be invigorated at 9:00 pm - a time when most people are starting to really wind down and prepare for going to bed.
Usually when I get home from class, I have to wind down anyway, but after the sports class, I really have to work on winding down. At least I didn't have to worry too much about falling asleep on the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment