Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 193 - Workin' Out (7 Days Left)

With taking the sports massage class, it reminds me that I will need to start working out soon - after I'm done with classes, I need to start taking off the extra weight I've put on in the last year (or so). I think that when I do start working out, some sports massage knowledge will come in very handy.
In tonight's class, we concentrated on post-event massage, which is done to relax the athlete as well as help in recovering quickly. It includes a nice mixture of strokes and stretching.
During the stretching portion, I was a little concerned with the decision to have black-eyed peas for dinner and any - uh - reactions I may have. But everything was All Good.
As for the deliberations about sports massage and whether or not I liked it, I think I do, but it's not one of my favorite modalities. Maybe once I get more practice at it.
In the few minutes in between the J-O-B and having to leave for class this evening, I was able to find a portable massage chair, brand new, and at really good price on craigslist. I have plans to pick it up on Saturday and am very excited about my find.
The other thing I also figured out is that between the first day of school last year (4/19) and the last day of school this year (4/14), I will have travelled over 17,000 miles.
Since once I'm done I'll be saving money on gas, I plan on putting that money toward my student loan, since I'm used to it going out the window anyway. It won't be like I'll miss it.
It seems like things are workin' out like they're supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment