Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 123 - Extra Movin' and Groovin'

I do actually WANT to update after my shift in student clinic, but actually, I'm either too tired or too lazy. It could be either. During this past weekend, I worked the Saturday afternoon shift, where there aren't as many student therapists so we were all quite busy with taking clients. I actually worked with four clients and did no student exchanges during this shift.
Oddly enough, two of the clients asked me specifically to work on their abdomen, which is not something that I automatically included in the massages I have been giving. Another different thing is that I had all women for clients this time.
As far as class goes for tonight, I had shiatsu class in which we learned about the back and various meridians and points associated with it, including the energy path that runs along WGH's favorite place - the lamina groove. We also learned extra moves for the posterior side and all sorts of other stretches. I just practiced a couple of them on WGH. He's a good sport.
My partner and I have our final assignment/protocol started. Now, we just have to get it typed up and formatted with the right flow and that sort of thing. And practice it. Well, that will definitely take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment