Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 121 - Deja Vu Anatomy

Last week, we took our Anatomy I final exam which included the subject of muscle tissue, what it is, what kinds there are, and how muscles actually work. We had learned about sarcomeres, calcium's role, and what actins and myocins are.
In our first class of Anatomy II this evening, guess what? We reviewed muscle tissue, what it is, what kinds there are, and how muscles actually work, including sarcomeres, calcium's role, and what actins and myocins are.
Weird. Deja vu.
Last week, I ended up getting a 95% on the final exam, but wasn't really sure what all of the muscle stuff meant. Frankly, by the time we went over that last week, my brain had totally checked out. After tonight's review, I think I get it.
Yay!
As for the J-O-B, today was a strange day. Since the company had lost a contract back at the end of September, things have been rather slow. Well, today, TPTB executed multiple lay-offs. I was not one of the parties affected. I really want to add "unfortunately" to the end of that because in many ways, working 40 hours a week while doing this massage school program is hugely time consuming, physically and emotionally draining, and I never have time (or make the time) to clean the house.
But - I guess I have to help pay bills and make my contribution to society, so off to work I go.
Well, I mean, tomorrow, I will go to work. Tonight, I'm heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment